WORLD DAYS CALENDAR
|JUNE||World Food Safety Day|
|JULY||World Nature Conservation Day|
|AUGUST||International Youth Day|
|World Entrepreneur’s Day|
|SEPTEMBER||European Sustainable Energy Week|
Monday, 26th – Friday, 30th
|OCTOBER||International Day of Rural Women|
|World Food Day|
|NOVEMBER||International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women|
|DECEMBER||World Soil Day|
1. EXPLANATION OF GREEN CHALLENGES
Innovative Green Challenges will be promoted through the platform and connected to the thematic days of sustainability, such as the Earth Day, the World Soil Day, the European Sustainable Energy Week, and so on.
The challenges will be designed in order to get the participants and the local communities involved in the project.
By participating in challenges, Youth Workers and young women can win national and international prizes.
2. STRUCTURE OF GREEN CHALLENGES
The structure of the challenges will be as follows:
- 1 FIXED CHALLENGE PER MONTH following the World Days calendar;
- 1 OPTIONAL WILDCARD CHALLENGE in the months where there are several World Days (double points for groups who make it);
- 1 NATIONAL CHALLENGE ON A FREE PROPOSAL to stimulate the creativity of the groups (scoring system: national prizes + accumulation of hidden points which will be added to the final result to reward commitment).
The monthly fixed challenge will be decided by one partner per month. According to the calendar provided by EGInA, each month one partner will be responsible for:
- setting and launching the challenge;
- providing specific guidelines for young women and Youth Workers (Date of the World Day – Description – Challenge – Starting Date – End Date – Tips).
3. TEAM STRUCTURE
Each team will be composed of:
- 1 Youth Worker;
- 5 young women.
4. EVALUATION OF GREEN CHALLENGES
|Creativity||How teams implement and report the activities (e. g. documentary, podcast, etc.)||15|
|Interactions on YOU_WEEN! Platform||Number of votes in the platform||10|
|Interactions on YOU_WEEN! social media pages||Number of likes, reactions, comments and share under each post related to the challenge||10|
|Appeal (in terms of communication and quality)||How much the challenge can attract people or reactions (thanks to the good quality and communication of the activity done)||5|
|Impact on community||How much the challenge is linked to the local area and community||5|
|Jury’s impressions (extra points)||Impressions and considerations of the members of the partner organization||5|
5. SCORING SYSTEM
|Optional Challenge||70 (50 points + 20 extra points)|
The team obtaining the highest score according to Point 4 will win the monthly challenge.
The team demonstrating the highest engagement and creativity during all the challenges will be awarded with the Special Prize FAO (see Point 8).
7. NATIONAL PRIZES
The following national prizes will be awarded for each challenge. They will be provided by the Partner Organisations for their own winning teams (Ex. Italian team will be awarded by EGInA). Specific prizes could be a variety (Ex. gifts from local companies can be different for different challenges):
- Local radio interview;
- Local journal interview;
- Publication of an article on a European platform;
- Event with local or regional institution;
- Gift from local companies;
- Gift from the organization;
- Tickets for local agriculture exhibitions.
8. INTERNATIONAL PRIZES
- Special Prize FAO